Maharashtra is one of the most famous tourist orientated states in India. But come on, let us rise above Bollywood to recognise that the state has just more than Mumbai, Pune, Khandala or Lonavla. While we all are happy to just be in Mumbai and sit at the marine drive to feel at peace, we have a list of 5 campsites you can go during winters and make the most of the awesome weather:
- Pawna Lake – Not very far from Lonavala, this beautiful lake is the perfect escape for you. The camp is mainly set for winters. Wrapped in quilts, enjoying a bonfire beside the lake is the best vision for happiness one can imagine.
- Bhandardara – Located about 2471 feet above sea level, this place is gives you a perfect weekend where you can camp under the bright sky and twinkling stars, by the lake. Bhandardara is located just 2 hours from Navi Mumbai and a midnight drive to this magical village is totally worth it.
- Revdanda – This beach lies 170 km from Alibaug and unlike other beaches, this campsite is quiet and uncrowded. While you camp here, do not forget to indulge in the amazing water sports and bonfires! Camping right at the beach, listening to the sound of waves will be an experience of a lifetime.
- Kolad – This amazing campsite is located on the Mumbai- Goa Highway. Now, what makes the camp at Kolad extra- ordinary is that while in Kolad, you can go rafting and even kayaking! You can do all this in river Kundalika. The camp is the getaway to a natural aura and will help you rejuvenate yourself in the lap of nature.
- Panchgani – If we talk about camps in winters, it is mandatory for us to mention Panchgani. This place is almost on every bucket list. Panchgani is situated near Mahabaleshwar. Camp here while river Krishna lies beside to give you company. Panchgani is a must camp location and we request you to head to this camp as soon as winters hit Maharashtra.
If we have got you excited for the camps then don’t you worry, winter is here!