Bangalore is a blessed city. While in Bangalore, you can never make the weather an excuse for your mood. Because damn! It is always pleasant and windy. While the clouds indulge in immense romanticism, people in Bangalore love seeking thrill. It is a mandatory weekend task for people to go camping in Bangalore. So, if you are a blessed resident of Bangalore or if you are visiting the city, then we have a list of 5 places near the city where you can set up your camps:
- Coorg – This hill station near Bangalore is the ultimate magnet for trekkers and adventure seekers. Located amidst dense forests and coffee plantations, Coorg will be your perfect idea of Camping. Just imagine waking up to smoky morning and sipping the original coffee of the hills. You can raft, go for a wildlife safari and go kayaking while you camp in Coorg.
- Kalhatty – Located near Ooty, this campsite offers great natural deals like- showering under the Kalhatty waterfalls and living in tents circled with tea, coffee and spice plantations. This campsite is indeed a person’s USB to the world of flora and fauna. While in Kalhatty, do not forget to take a jeep safari and go fishing.
- Doddamakali – What makes this campsite exceptional is that it is a bird watcher’s paradise. Varieties of birds can be spotted all day here. Animals such a leopards and elephants are frequent visitors so do take your cameras and of course presence of mind along (just kidding). While you camp at Doddamakali, look forward to coracle rides in Cauvery and fishing.
- Manchinbele – In the true sense of personification, this camp site is a multi-talented person. For not only does Manchinbele offers water sports (you name any and you have it), but it also arranges paint ball games and rope activities during the camp. Apart from all this, you also get to enjoy the amazing view of the Manchinbele Lake.
- Kanakpura – At this camp, you get to enjoy unique activities such as – Ice walk, acid walk and Coracle riding in the lake. The usual bonfires and trekking are also a must experience. The campsite is located just beside the Hosa Doddi Lake and surrounded by Bananthimari forests. Such a camp will surely give you memories you would not want to return from.