They say that beauty cannot be compared but speaking truthfully, north-east is the most beautiful and serene part of India. Charming valleys, romantic weather and captivating hills – these beautifully add up to our north-eastern side of the country. But have you ever looked this side with an adventurous perspective? If not, we will show you. So, here is a list of 5 unexplored adventurous destinations in north-east for we, at Get Set Camp, believe that where there is land, there is adventure!
- Kurseong – This destination is popular among the north-east people but remains quite concealed from the world. Relaxation and rejuvenation is guaranteed. Green pine forests dominate the location and this place is a perfect getaway for solace and calm. To get there, take a flight till Bagdogra and further, take a cab.
Image source: The Hans India
- Sandakphu – This destination in Darjeeling must be explored! The sandakphu trek should be taken once in a lifetime. When you reach the top of the hills, your eyes get the treat of the some of the world’s most beautiful mountains. Again, take a flight till Bagdogra then take a cab.
Image source: Dooars ecoviillege
- Nathu La Pass – This Himalayan gateway to happiness is located at an altitude of 14,140 feet. The best time to visit this place is between April and May. What makes this destination even more attractive is that the pass connects states of different countries- Sikkim and Tibet. So come on people, this is international! Go for it! Also, this could be the best road trip you can take.
- Beyul of Pemako – This place in Arunanchal Pradesh offers of the best treks in the north-east. The highest point of the trek is the Titapori mountain situated at 14,000 above seal level. This land is also called the hidden land and for a good reason. There are so many mountains to climb and so many pictures to click while at Beyul Pamako.
Image source: Sutra Journal
- Namdapha rainforest – This tropical rainforest in Arunanchal Pradesh is an absolute treat to the soul. The destination is 14700 ft above sea level and boy! what an experience. For once, we shall all learn to live amidst nature without our cell phones.
Image source: Outlook India
So, remember that North-east is a treasure island that we must only explore and not exploit.